Job Title: Mechanical Field Service Engineer/Technician
Location: London and Home Counties (covering London / Herts / Beds / Bucks / Cambs / Essex)
Salary: £25,000 – £35,000 depending on experience, plus overtime when available
Company Benefits: Call Out and Daily Attendance Allowances. Vehicle. Uniform. Contribution Pension Scheme.
Job Type: Full time, permanent
Job Role: As Service Engineer you will deliver a first-rate compressed air engineering service to customers throughout London and the Home Counties, providing advice, diagnostics, routine maintenance and emergency works whenever and wherever required. You are self-motivated, have good organisational skills and are able to work without supervision. You are preferably experienced enough to be able to hit the ground running, but we are willing to provide training for the right candidate.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Planned and preventative maintenance of compressed air systems
- Emergency breakdown fault finding and repair
- Machine commissioning and training activities
- Installation of compressors and associated compressed air equipment
- Participating in the Call Out Rota
- Service reports, timesheets, job sheets and recommendations
- Appropriate risk assessment and method statement paperwork before commencing jobs only if appropriate training has been carried out
- Recommending additional work that may be required on site
- Maintaining good professional working relationships with all customers
- Maintain of company vehicle in accordance with company guidelines
- Feedback on any product design features causing maintenance or operational difficulties
- Ongoing compliance with company and customer Health & Safety and Environmental procedures
- Mechanical engineering (apprentice trained preferred HNC/ONC)
- Compressed air knowledge would be beneficial; however, a good mechanical background is essential
- Experience of working to planned and preventative maintenance schedules
- Customer service skills
- Driving licence
- Must be fluent in written and spoken English
- Must be UK resident
NOTE: PLEASE DO NOT APPLY FOR THIS ROLE IF YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO LIVE AND WORK IN THE UK.
If you would like to apply for this role, please call us on 01992 553363. Alternatively, send your CV and a covering letter telling us why you would be perfect for this role to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will consider candidates with the experience or relevant job titles: Field Service Engineer, Service Engineer, Field Service Technician, Service Technician, Engineering Technician, Field Maintenance Engineer, Field Maintenance Technician, Compressor Engineer, Mechanical Engineer, Mechanical Technician, Electrical Engineer, Electrical Technician, Repair Engineer, Repair Technician, Commercial Engineer, Compressor Equipment Engineer, Commercial Engineer, Commercial Compressor Engineer, Fault Repair Engineer, Ingersoll Rand, HPC, CompAir Atlas Copco, Mattei, Renner, Boge, Electrical Engineering will also be considered for this role.